These balls are the key to better balance and excellent dance.
Do you ever have issues with keeping your balance when you:
- Move your weight from one foot to the other
- Place your feet along the same line
- Turn with your feet together
- Lunge or dip
- Do a hesitation
- Maintain weight on one foot for a period
- Take a tall posture on your toes and hold it
- Take a large step
If you do, then there is a simple fix.
I once had these issues and found that Franklin balls were the easiest way to improve my balance, and dance better.
Get yourself a pair and try the following exercises:
- Simply stand on them (with the balls of your feet)
- While standing on them do a squat
- While doing the squat – keep your hands on your head
- Step on to one then off and on again with the other foot
Because you are standing on the Franklin balls, you are much less secure. This means you need to work harder to keep balance, and you can work this skill in a shorter period. If you do the above repeatedly for only 5 minutes a day, then you will notice improvements. I did them while watching TV. You too can do it while watching TV, or listening to music, or talking on the phone, or talking with you loved one about their day, or anything that uses a different part of the brain.
Do it in bare feet so that you also improve your ability to use the sensations from your feet to correct your balance.
You will see improvements in a week.
You can buy Franklin balls in many places. I provide a link to make it easy. I should also let you know that if you do buy via the link, then I get some compensation. It’s good to be open about these things.