I have been writing about how to be a better partner dancer for some years now. In that time I have:
- done a lot of research into how to dance better,
- tried a lot of techniques to see if they improve dance ability,
- had friends try techniques to see if they improve dance ability,
- spoken to many women about the things they find difficult, and
- spoken to a lot of men about what they like in dance partners.
From all of this, I have found essence of what makes for the best women dancers*.
And I am going to share this with you now.
In short, you need to be a graceful dancer. You need to not only dance well, obviously, but you need to be a lady that has poise and affability on the dance floor.
It’s more than simply knowing figures.
The best female dancers:
- have an affability that makes it easy to ask them to dance and connect with
- can feel emotion in the music
- notice how others express the feelings in the music
- move with grace in response to leads that they can feel
When you have these qualities, you become that woman that you have seen on the dance floor who looks at home there. You glide along the floor and turn expressing the character of the music and catch everyone’s eye as you have the kind of experience that we all want from dance. Think about those women you see dancing like that – it can be you.
If you want to be one of the best women dancers, then you need to master the following:
- Physicality – for good feminine movement
- Musicality – not just dancing in time with the music, but WITH the music
- Learning dance – so you know that you are dancing as you should
- Sensing – so you can pick up on all aspects of dance to follow and express yourself
- Affability – so your partner connects, and creates that unique dance experience
You probably already have some these, but there is likely to be something you feel you lack or have perhaps never thought about.
Imagine if you had all of them, and you were like those other dancers you see and envy. You CAN master these 5 attributes of the best female dancers. And I will show you how so that dance can be what you want it to be.
If you do want me to tell you how to master these attributes, and you should, then you can read more via a report that I have written on this topic. Fill out the form below, and I will send you the report now.
*I know that it need not be a woman following. This is just the context that this article is written in. Much of what is written here is valid for leads in general. By all means, if you are a man, then you can still learn about following from the report.