I have been writing about how to be a better partner dancer for some years now. In that time I have:
- done a lot of research into how men dance better,
- tried a lot of techniques to see if they improve dance ability,
- spoken to many men about the things they find difficult, and
- spoken to a lot of women about what they like in dance partners.
From all of this, I have found out what makes for the best male dancer*.
And I want to share that with you now.
In short, you need to be a gentleman dancer. You need to not only dance well, obviously, but you need to know how to dance WITH a woman.
It’s more than simply knowing figures.
For the woman you are dancing with it’s about being able to use what you know to take her on an adventure. Partner dance is about more than 2 people moving in sync with the music. It’s about:
- connecting with another person who makes you feel something – something good**
- noticing what that person feels in the music
- noticing how they express that feeling to their dance partner
- then joining them on the journey they are about to take
If you can do this, then you will be a man who knows he dances well and provides women the experiences that they expect (probably now hope) dance will offer. In short, you will be a fantastic dancer.
If you want to be the kind of dancer that women like – the gentleman dancer – then you need to master the following:
- Physicality – for good masculine movement
- Musicality – not just dancing in time with the music, but WITH the music
- Learning dance – so you know that you are dancing as you should
- Sensing – so you can pick up on all aspects of dance to provide a complete package
- Confidence with women – so that she can feel trust*** when she dances with you
- Presentation – so you look the part and complete the experience
You probably already have some, but there is likely to be something you feel you lack or have perhaps never thought of. Just imagine the feeling you will have when you know you can dance that well with a woman and you show her a good time. You CAN master these 6 attributes of the gentleman dancer. And I will show you how.
If you do want to master these attributes, and you should, then you can read more via a report that I have written on this topic. Fill out the form below, and I will send you the report now.
*I know that it need not be a man leading. This is just the context that this article is written in. Much of what is written here is valid for leads in general. By all means, if you are a womon, then you can still learn about leading from the report.
**It’s different from what men feel when they are with someone they like dancing with so many men don’t get it.
***But now you know what it is that women want to feel with a man before they dance with him. In the report, you will learn how to achieve this feeling in your dance partner